ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

General - Questions about Auto-Jive

ClearAndSimple
Premium Member
Posted: Oct 6, 2019
ClearAndSimple   |   Posted: Oct 6, 2019
I've been reconciling (jiving) my credit card for too many years and I'm officially tired of it. I noticed that CCB has an auto-jive tool if you can get the monthly statement in the right format (which I can). I have a bunch of questions about auto-jive:
- Does auto-jive ever change the text of my entries?
- Does auto-jive find the transaction if I enter "$1.00" for Amazon on May 1st but the statement shows "$1.00" for "AMZN" on May 3rd? How does this work?
- What happens to all the transactions on the statement for which auto-jive can't find in the register? Are they automatically entered?
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Oct 7, 2019
Brandon   |   Posted: Oct 7, 2019
Hello,

It sounds like Auto-Jive might be able to help you out! To answer your questions:

1. Auto-jive does not change the text or details of your transaction aside from marking it as jived if you select that transaction.

2. The description doesn't matter to the auto-jive tool. Only the amount and dates are looked for. By default, the tool looks for transactions that are +/- 3 days of each other (so in your example, the tool would find a match since the amounts are the same and the dates are close).

3. You have the option of importing and adding any unmatched transactions that were in the file you loaded.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.