Search the Forums
Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)
- General Discussions
- Questions about Auto-Jive
General - Questions about Auto-Jive
Posted: Oct 6, 2019
ClearAndSimple | Posted: Oct 6, 2019
I've been reconciling (jiving) my credit card for too many years and I'm officially tired of it. I noticed that CCB has an auto-jive tool if you can get the monthly statement in the right format (which I can). I have a bunch of questions about auto-jive:
- Does auto-jive ever change the text of my entries?
- Does auto-jive find the transaction if I enter "$1.00" for Amazon on May 1st but the statement shows "$1.00" for "AMZN" on May 3rd? How does this work?
- What happens to all the transactions on the statement for which auto-jive can't find in the register? Are they automatically entered?
- Site Admin -
Posted: Oct 7, 2019
Brandon | Posted: Oct 7, 2019
It sounds like Auto-Jive might be able to help you out! To answer your questions:
1. Auto-jive does not change the text or details of your transaction aside from marking it as jived if you select that transaction.
2. The description doesn't matter to the auto-jive tool. Only the amount and dates are looked for. By default, the tool looks for transactions that are +/- 3 days of each other (so in your example, the tool would find a match since the amounts are the same and the dates are close).
3. You have the option of importing and adding any unmatched transactions that were in the file you loaded.