Search the Forums
Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)
- Mobile Support
- Android Mobile App
- Android App 4.0 Troubleshooting
Android App 4.0 Troubleshooting
- Site Admin -
Posted: Jul 8, 2020
Brandon | Posted: Jul 8, 2020
Note: the most current version of the app is 4.0.59.
- Submitted for release on August 8, 2020 @ 2:45pm MDT
Before contacting us with a bug report, please make sure you have the latest version of the app installed on your device. You can check for the version number in two places: 1) If you're not logged in it will be on the login screen near the bottom. 2) If you're logged in, click on More at the bottom right and then the version number will be listed at the bottom of the page.
If you're having trouble with the current version of the app, here are some tips for troubleshooting:
1. Setting up a secondary form of authentication on the app
- Depending on the capabilities of your device, you can set up a biometric authentication or PIN entry by clicking on More at the bottom right side of the screen and then click on Lock App. When set up, each time the app loads you'll be asked for whichever form of added security you enabled.
2. Why do I have an account called 'No Account'?
- This label shows up in your account overviews list if you have transactions that are not associated with an account. You can remove the No Account label by clicking on it and then removing any transactions that you see or by assigning those transactions to an account. If there is a large number of transactions and you don't want to delete them one-by-one, you can delete them all at once through the website. Log into your account at https://www.clearcheckbook.com, then click on Settings at the top right side of the page. Next, scroll down and click on Delete All Transactions. Select 'No Account' from the list and then continue.
3. Where did my running balances go?
- The running balances were always meant to be a feature for ClearCheckbook Premium members. For some reason a glitch had happened in the old version of the app that was letting it show up for everyone. The running balances are still there for ClearCheckbook Premium members. If you’re a premium member and still aren’t seeing the running balances, please let us know so we can investigate further.
Other issues we're aware of
- We're aware that the Payee field auto-complete isn't working. We will be re-integrating this soon.
- The ability to edit the transaction portion of a reminder is still being completed.
Issues fixed in the 4.0.59 update:
- Fixed some Samsung specific issues related to selecting an account when adding transactions
- Fixed some LG specific keyboard issues
Previous issues that have been fixed in recent updates:
- Fixed some Euro locale bugs
- Fixed some syncing / balance refreshing bugs
- Fixed some bill paying bugs
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some No Account transactions to appear
- Search box keyword input fixes
- Reduced number of API requests to improve speed of app
- Fixed a bug with paying bills that could cause a payment to show up with a $0 amount
- Fixed some local database bugs that could cause the app to crash when trying to add or edit a transaction
- Fixed a bug that was causing some reminders to become unclickable
- positive balances less than 50 cents were appearing red
- Fixed some bugs with the transaction search filter
- credit card balances might not be showing in the overall balance correctly
- date picker might be showing today's date when editing budgets, bills or reminders
- Clicking a jived transaction to edit it wasn't properly showing the jive toggle as jived.
- Fixed a bug where paying a bill wasn't using the correct data
- Fixed a bug that was causing some unjived transactions not to appear in search results
- Fixed bugs related to paying bills
- Fixed a bug that wasn't letting the Edit Reminder form appear
- Adding transactions from Accounts list properly refreshes balances
- Better handling of adding transactions when offline
- Fixed a bug that was causing some transactions to be added more than once
- Updated syncing script so transactions added on different devices or through the website will sync better.
- Fixed a bug in Reminders that was causing transfers to get assigned incorrectly
- Site Admin -
Posted: Jul 10, 2020
Brandon | Posted: Jul 10, 2020
If you aren't currently on the latest version of the app, you can check the Play Store for an update following these steps:
1. Open the Play Store app on your phone
2. Click on the three lines at the top left side of the screen
3. Next, click on the 'My apps & games' option
4. If you see the 'ClearCheckbook Money Manager' app in the Updates Available list, click the Update button
Posted: Jul 28, 2020
tmillsap | Posted: Jul 28, 2020
Currently running 4.0.39 and transactions entered on my phone do not always update in the database. I am always careful to press "save" after adding the transaction.