ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Android App wish list

tsteege
Posted: Mar 25, 2010
tsteege   |   Posted: Mar 25, 2010
This is very cool. I am glad I found ClearCheckbook.com, and thanks for supporting Android.

OK, here is the start to my Wish List for the app.

1. Please add the ability to enter the custom fields, and check numbers. I know I am old fashioned but that is how I have it setup.

2. I would like the ability to turn off the Overall Balance in the Account Overview.

3. Transactions View would be nice to at least see the Payee and check number.

Well that is it for now. Again thanks guys this is awesome!

Terry
kittyb
Posted: Apr 16, 2010
kittyb   |   Posted: Apr 16, 2010
I NEED the same things, the mobile version doesn't do much good if I can't see who I paid. I upgraded the online to the premuim version so I could have these features.

So far everything else is great!

Thanks

Kitty
Ordieth
Posted: May 7, 2010
Ordieth   |   Posted: May 7, 2010
If possilbe, please consider:

1) the auto populate feature when entering tranactions.
2) A Widget or Two for entering and/or Tracking finances
3) a little more polish... (but it still looks great!)

Thank you for all the hard work and wonderful application. Without Clearcheckbook, I dont think I would be financially ballanced.

-Thank you!
cryptospaz
Posted: Jul 1, 2010
cryptospaz   |   Posted: Jul 1, 2010
I would really like to see the reoccuring transactions/reminders on the phone.
And after using for a while now, it really needs its own numeric popup for entering amounts.
lavonnelea
Posted: Jul 18, 2010
lavonnelea   |   Posted: Jul 18, 2010
I would REALLY like to see the ability to transfer between accounts as a feature in the Android application.
Sonnenblume
Posted: Jul 22, 2010
Sonnenblume   |   Posted: Jul 22, 2010
I'm so surprised there is no 'Transfer' feature. Why not??
ricponteslima
Posted: Jul 27, 2010
ricponteslima   |   Posted: Jul 27, 2010
I signed up for this service just because I wish to carry my finances on the go, but after a bit of use I'm finding the app a bit slow (keeps showing me loading screens) and the UI could really see some improvements, right now it is really basic.

It would be good if a ClearCheckbook employee gave us an estimate on when the Android app will be updated, or gave us some information on what are they working on for it.

Anyways, it's a great service, I'm liking it so far.
eseelke
Posted: Jul 28, 2010
eseelke   |   Posted: Jul 28, 2010
I entered a transaction yesterday on my Android phone and it took literally nine minutes to load the transaction, ie, I hit the submit button at 6:38 and the "Loading Transactions" screen stayed until 6:47.

I was using a very fast 4G connection and all of my other apps were quick to load, etc.
ricponteslima
Posted: Jul 30, 2010
ricponteslima   |   Posted: Jul 30, 2010
I know eh? I don't even care if the UI is basic, it does what it needs to do. If I need a really detailed look I'll just log in the website. But the speed is really important, sometimes the app is just unusable because it gets so slow.
dharmaboy
Posted: Aug 5, 2010
dharmaboy   |   Posted: Aug 5, 2010
I really like the black background and I love the simplicity of your app, however would like to be able to transfer funds between accounts and support category splits. I track my expenses very carefully and often when I'm shopping, one store's receipt will fall under many different categories. That's important for correctly budgeting and forecasting funds. Thanks!
metz
Posted: Jul 27, 2013
metz   |   Posted: Jul 27, 2013
+Offline mode.
+Fix multiple currency support.
trspellman
Posted: Sep 3, 2013
trspellman   |   Posted: Sep 3, 2013
I would LOVE to be able to see my envelopes on my phone. That way I know how much I have saved for a specific thing.

Otherwise LOVE the app. Moved from ipod and an awesome app to an android and I was worried I would not find one I liked. My husband even likes this one because he does not have to use my device to enter his transactions, he can do them from his computer (he just has a basic phone)
Amilo
Posted: Sep 24, 2013
Amilo   |   Posted: Sep 24, 2013
No euros only dollars.
Posted: Jul 19, 2014
5378881   |   Posted: Jul 19, 2014
I literally live in the middle of nowhere, I need offline access when I am at the local gas station, and it can upload the new transaction when I get home over wi-fi, or the next time I open the app in a networked area. Other than that I am a happy new user for the last 2 hours!
rita.gil
Posted: Aug 23, 2014
rita.gil   |   Posted: Aug 23, 2014
Hi!

I've been a user of the website service for a few years now and the free version is great! The best I've used so far! The app, however, needs a little more work:
- Password/PIN protection - so that anyone with access to my phone or tablet cannot access the app unless they know the pin;
- Offline management with later online sync - I simply avoid using the app because is a lot slower syncing the changes;
- Auto-complete according with previous history (as available through the website);
- Possibility to change the currency being displayed - I see £ but would love to see €

These are the major features I would love to see implemented in the app, and for which I wouldn't mind paying for.

Keep up the good work!
ElsieWeldon
Posted: Feb 22, 2016
ElsieWeldon   |   Posted: Feb 22, 2016
Thanks and this thread as well as forum will be of great help to me. I recently checked out some relevant information at http://www.hjmt.com.
zblanco4
Premium Member
Posted: Jul 8, 2016
zblanco4   |   Posted: Jul 8, 2016
Hi,

I'm liking this app so far. The only two features i would love to see added are. 1. A way to Archive Jived transactions. 2. A way to input/queue transactions when offline.

Thanks,
zmmrm122
Premium Member
Posted: Aug 25, 2016
zmmrm122   |   Posted: Aug 25, 2016
The app is great for a quick overview and entering transactions that I might forget later, but would be more useful if:

1. Would like to be able to post a bill that hit the bank early. It appears you can post transactions if they show up separately, but not sure if the bill gets marked "Paid". And some bills only show up once in reminders, not twice.

2. Would like more than 2 splits on transactions - not necessarly unlimited, but one or 2 more would be helpful.

3. Ability to hide jived transactions

It's true that these options, as well as some tools, are available on the mobile version of the full website, but it would be nice to do more by just popping into the app.

BernicePeterson
Posted: Oct 28, 2016
BernicePeterson   |   Posted: Oct 28, 2016
I think the most important thing is the offline mode this should be added.
charve121
Posted: Jan 9, 2017
charve121   |   Posted: Jan 9, 2017
One of the primary reasons I subscribed to this was because I wanted the ability to input transactions on my phone and through a PC. So far so good!

I use envelope budgeting to keep track of how much I have spent in specific categories. I like to keep up with this on my phone for easy viewing. However, the app doesn't show you the envelopes on the budget page. It just shows the regular budget you setup. I'd like to see the budget envelope added to the app.

Even better, allow us to add "widgets" to the app main page like we do on the website. That way, people can customize their app interface to the way they track their funds.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.