ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Hide/Remove the Jive column?

aiello&jon
Posted: Mar 27, 2010
aiello&jon   |   Posted: Mar 27, 2010
Hello, Is there a way to hide or remove the Jive column from the Register and Summary views? Unless I am doing something wrong, I always have two running balances (one for account balance and one adjacent for Jived amount) always and it is not very clear by simply glancing which is the "real" balance. Thanks.
soldaniels
Premium Member
Posted: Aug 6, 2012
soldaniels   |   Posted: Aug 6, 2012
The one under "Overall" is always going to give you the view that says, "when all the checks have cleared, this is what's left." That's the one to go by when budgeting. The "Jived" totals should match what your bank ledger tells you is available in your account.
terryhull7
Posted: Jul 8, 2013
terryhull7   |   Posted: Jul 8, 2013
So, what's the answer to the question. Is there a way to remove the Jive coumn from the Transaction Register? (I'm not using the "jived" function -- and would like to have one less column on my register).
tobyswindle
Premium Member
Posted: Jan 2, 2014
tobyswindle   |   Posted: Jan 2, 2014
mirroring a prior reply - I've used the free version for 1.5 years now, the "jive" thing took some getting used to, but its helpful because once you've cleared everything that is showing on your accounts (credit card, bank, etc) the total amount showing under jived should match what they show. That number really isn't as important though, as the "overall" column, which (unless you are the federal government) is the one that really matters because it shows how much you actually have after everything you've already spent clears. I've not found any way to remove "jived" from view, nor would I do so if the option existed.
michaelaaronsmith
Premium Member
Posted: Dec 12, 2017
michaelaaronsmith   |   Posted: Dec 12, 2017
so what is the answer to the original question..."is there a way to turn on/off the jive column"?
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Dec 14, 2017
Brandon   |   Posted: Dec 14, 2017
You can not split the jived and overall running balances columns and hide just one of them.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.