ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Welcome to the General Site Help Forum

Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Jan 18, 2009
Brandon   |   Posted: Jan 18, 2009
This is the forum to use if you have general questions about how to use ClearCheckbook.com.

Please read through some of the other threads on the site and see if they might be able to answer your questions. If you don't find the answer you're looking for, please feel free to post a new thread.
Automech
Posted: Feb 4, 2009
Automech   |   Posted: Feb 4, 2009
I live in the UK and have just started using CleaerCheckBook. The UK and Europe are many years behind America when it comes to technology and programs like this one; there is nothing like it over here. I would like to use CheckBot but my mobile phone costs may be too high. Having used MS Money for many years I like the idea of being able to access my financial information on any computer conected to the internet. I don't know how many peaple use CC outside the US but I find it perfect for all my needs, and you can change the currency settings to almost any country in the world. It's brilliant.
daveimre
Posted: Mar 3, 2009
daveimre   |   Posted: Mar 3, 2009
FIrst, I LOVE the product and am now a paying customer....

When I go to the Reports section, it shows one figure for the "Last 12 months Overall Spending vs Savings" but when I go to the bottom of my Dashboard page, there's a different number under "Total Balance"...shouldn't those two numbers match up?

thanks!

sarabrooklyn_old
Posted: May 22, 2009
sarabrooklyn_old   |   Posted: May 22, 2009
why is ny stuff deleting every few months and I have to start all over??? I have stuff now from march and nothing I entered from april or may??? this has happened to me like 4 times now???
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: May 22, 2009
Brandon   |   Posted: May 22, 2009
You somehow had two accounts created with us. I sent you an email with instructions.
martinjtlive
Posted: Sep 25, 2009
martinjtlive   |   Posted: Sep 25, 2009
Brandon!!!!!!! love the new UI. Appreciate the great work!!!!!!!!!!!
Star61782
Posted: Feb 15, 2010
Star61782   |   Posted: Feb 15, 2010
Whay does JIVED mean?
PHishHead
Premium Member
Posted: Feb 15, 2010
PHishHead   |   Posted: Feb 15, 2010
Jived means cleared...as in when something clears in your bank.
ie: you use your bank debit card to get gas. once that has shown up/ cleared with your bank it has 'jived' in CCB (this site).

Go through the support forums to learn about CCB...there is even a tutorial on the site that details what jived is. The support forums are an excellent resource to learn all you need about CCB. You can even put in a search word to find exactly what you are looking to learn about.
Good luck & welcome to the greatest personal finance site you will find on the net.
kblock2056
Posted: Mar 7, 2010
kblock2056   |   Posted: Mar 7, 2010
Hello, I am a new user of CCB- I intially was having trouble with how the transactions synced with one another on the web and through the phone app- well, I have figured out the problem- I had registered with a different user name on my phone than online- DUH... anyway, now my problem is deleting the initial account I created with you, as I will now only be using the account with the username on this post. please advise. Thank you.

Additionally- I wanted to say that this application is AWESOME! I am a person who has always struggled with balancing a checkbook- I am confident with this my struggles are over! Thank you so much! I am going to tell all my friends!
jramsey3
Posted: Nov 2, 2012
jramsey3   |   Posted: Nov 2, 2012
New User. Confused about rolling up subcategory expenses/transactions to parent categories. Can this only be done in the Custom setting in the Premier Program?
raka
Posted: Nov 9, 2012
raka   |   Posted: Nov 9, 2012
Hi. Great job with this app. Are transactions ever purged from the db over time? I have a java process that balances my bank transactions against the exported check book transactions. It has been spot on with the balance in clearcheckbook for years until about a month ago. It's a big descrepancy too (around $900) I've gone back and manually matched up transactions for the past three months and they are all there. The only explanation I could think of is if there is data purged. since it keeps the balance from the beginning. Any ideas? Thank you.
SiliconTrance
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Nov 9, 2012
SiliconTrance   |   Posted: Nov 9, 2012
raka,

We don't purge any transactions from our database. We made some updates to the way balances are calculated about a month ago. Previously we were storing the balances in a separate table in the database which could lead to some discrepancies over time. The way balances are calculated now reflect the actual balance based on all transactions that have been added to the site.

It's possible that due to the discrepancies in the past you added some "adjustment" transactions to make up for it. Then, when we switched to the new method of calculating budgets those adjustments are throwing your balance off.
raka
Posted: Nov 14, 2012
raka   |   Posted: Nov 14, 2012
Ok thank you!

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.