ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Starting Balances in Budget Set up (Limits/rolling over)

smarty58
Posted: Sep 2, 2010
smarty58   |   Posted: Sep 2, 2010
Brand new, and I'm finding my way around quite well except for this one problem.

I created a budget/limits and have it rolling over for each month. Since I started this Sept 1, I actually have from my old excel accounting sheet a +balance in most of my categories that I created.

ie; Property Tax is sitting at $1065.00, (old excel) I budget 200.00 per month for this, and that is what I set my limit on, with it rolling over each month (I get that part) I would like to know how do I ADD the 1065.00 I have earmarked already? I think I need to change the dates but it does not seem to allow me to do that?

Thanks
smarty58
Posted: Sep 3, 2010
smarty58   |   Posted: Sep 3, 2010
Is there anyway to put the limit on say my property tax this month for $1065.. then change it next month and select rolling and maintain my opening balance or does it cancel it?
Snichelson
Posted: Jun 20, 2018
Snichelson   |   Posted: Jun 20, 2018
I have this exact same question? Has it ever been answered? I have money already in each of my budgeted categories that is above the amount I will set as a monthly limit.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.