ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Balancing with bank statement

fambiz
Posted: Sep 11, 2010
fambiz   |   Posted: Sep 11, 2010
I watched the tutorial to balance my account with a bank statement. I marked all the transactions as “jived” and matched my jived total to the total on the bank statement.

This works great with the first bank statement balanced, but what about future bank statements? Since jived transactions already exist, the jived total will not be accurate for the current statement. How do I start fresh for each statement? I hope the answer is not to delete already balanced transaction.

cswroe
Premium Member
Posted: Sep 11, 2010
cswroe   |   Posted: Sep 11, 2010
It will work just fine, just keep jiving.... the Jived Balance when done correctly will always reflect the ending balance on your statement. You do not need to delete anything.

If your Jived balance is currently $1000 and next month you have $500 in cleared withdraws and $500 in cleared deposits and you mark them correctly as jived, the Jived balance will be $1000
jsutton
Posted: Dec 13, 2011
jsutton   |   Posted: Dec 13, 2011
My "jived" balance does not work right. In the few months I have been using this register and after my first jiving, it said 100 and something and then when I did my last bank statement, it showed 607 now. I know I have well over 600 dollars cleared since February.
superfunguy.old.1436229517
Posted: Jun 3, 2012
superfunguy.old.1436229517   |   Posted: Jun 3, 2012
After you balanced your account, you are not going back and unjiving the transactions which you have just jived are you? You should not do that.
John J Smith
Premium Member
Posted: Aug 12, 2014
John J Smith   |   Posted: Aug 12, 2014
Why don't you wait till you get your bank statement or card statement and click the jive mark as you reconcile. This will show any outstanding / unrecorded items and allow you to investigate / make a contra entry to balance the account at the statement date.
PHishHead
Premium Member
Posted: Aug 12, 2014
PHishHead   |   Posted: Aug 12, 2014
with technology today, i can go to my credit union online anytime on my laptop, smart phone or tablet & get see the latest charges that have cleared with my bank. i know some, like the grocery store, automatically come out of my acct immediately (unless i chose credit instead of debit at register). Once a charge has cleared, or Jived, it should never be Un-Jived....does the bank Un-clear any of your charges?

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.