ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

How do you auto sync to your bank account?

dk_bills
Posted: Sep 22, 2010
dk_bills   |   Posted: Sep 22, 2010
When I log in I'd like for my transactions to be synced automatically, is this possible with clear check book?
PHishHead
Premium Member
Posted: Sep 22, 2010
PHishHead   |   Posted: Sep 22, 2010
NO. One of the major benefits of CCB is that you do not need to share any sensitive information. This eliminates/decreases the possibility of anyone hacking in to your bank acct.
oberneff
Posted: Jan 24, 2011
oberneff   |   Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Too bad. Onward with my search for online financial software that delivers on the broken promises of Mint and Yodlee... Someone out there is gonna strike it rich....
PHishHead
Premium Member
Posted: Jan 25, 2011
PHishHead   |   Posted: Jan 25, 2011
use the "contact us" link at the bottom of each page to contact the Admin. directly. I know this has been requested before. Ask if there are any future plans of synching CCB with your bank acct. This is IMO the ultimate personal finance tool...would hate to see you go.
dansah
Premium Member
Posted: Jan 26, 2011
dansah   |   Posted: Jan 26, 2011
Please do not make a change to AUtomatically sync with banks. There are lots out there that autosync - yours is one of the few found that allow you to enter everything. I LOVE that about it.

PHishHead
Premium Member
PHishHead   |   Posted: Jan 26, 2011
I agree with you 100% danash. That is one of the main reasons I chose CCB...to keep my own personal info private.
There was member requests and chat about making it an optional Premium Member function...fo those that want to keep all their personal info personal.
Like I said, it was member request/chat in the forum...not affiliated with CCB at all, so I would call it a rumor with no substance.
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Brandon   |   Posted: Jan 26, 2011
We were looking into that ability a few months ago. However, at this point in time it would be cost prohibitive. Depending on the provider you go with, it's a minimum of $5,000 per month (with additional fees per user bank connection).

They wanted a minimum of a 3 year contract... so doing the math that's a minimum of $200,000 commitment for the duration of the contract.
PHishHead
Premium Member
PHishHead   |   Posted: Jan 26, 2011
wow, sounds pretty outrageous. You have my vote for keeping CCB as is in this aspect. Let us keep our info private. I prefer to manually enter transactions anyway...gives me more control of my finances.
TomHaight
Posted: Jan 2, 2014
TomHaight   |   Posted: Jan 2, 2014
Unfortunately, it makes the product unusable for anyone with my transaction volume (100+ monthly). I just can't enter all that data. Too bad, I really liked the interface. Would pay more for a product that was really 'on-line'.
cswroe
Premium Member
Posted: Jan 2, 2014
cswroe   |   Posted: Jan 2, 2014
100+ a month ....you're a lightweight.

Works perfect for personal and business.... if it is that important, just upload the bank data, barely takes a minute.
davejulien
Posted: Sep 26, 2015
davejulien   |   Posted: Sep 26, 2015
Having ability to link to your bank does not have to prohibit you from entering transactions manually. Instead it would be an "option". I currently enter all my transactions manually in Quicken and then sync the transaction up with the bank on a daily basis. Very handy when syncing many different account because I have found fraudulent transactions on cards I rarely use. The transaction "just shows up". Another advantage is that I'm never out of balance with my bank which is very nice. If I am it's usually only a few transactions that I'm trying to figure out.

Anyway, I love this site but lacking this feature is probably going to prohibit me from extending my first 1 month subscription.
Gork
Posted: Oct 9, 2015
Gork   |   Posted: Oct 9, 2015
I feel the same way - I, too, enter transactions manually into Quicken then have Quicken download transactions and match them up to prevent errors and fraud. I'm aware I could download a file and import it, but in Quicken and on this site as well I've learned that can cause some problems.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.