ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Transfer spending limits between categories

seneca
Posted: Oct 8, 2010
seneca   |   Posted: Oct 8, 2010
First of all thanks you for this great application. It is really helping my wife and I track our spending and stay on our budget. We just started using it this month and we plan to be debt free in 18 months (TMMO by Dave R)

Often my wife says can we buy this or afford that and I say sure, as long as its in our budget. So the task is to find money from other categories to take money from (dining & clothing) and move it to the category we want to spend more on (gifts).

Is there a way to do this similar to how money is tranfered between accounts?

This way the global budget stays the same but the limits are adjusted. Or is the only way to do this is to just edit each category?

Thanks
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Oct 11, 2010
Brandon   |   Posted: Oct 11, 2010
There isn't a way to transfer money between budgets. The only way to do this right now is to manually edit the category limits you want to change.
jfcaringi
Posted: May 11, 2016
jfcaringi   |   Posted: May 11, 2016
there is now posible to do this?
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: May 11, 2016
Brandon   |   Posted: May 11, 2016
jfcaringi,

The best way to do this is still to edit the budget amount to reflect how much you want it to change by. We haven't built a tool for transferring money between budgets since this can easily be accomplished by simply editing the budget. We try to keep redundant features to a minimum if possible.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.