ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Merge Deposit+Withdrawal into Transfer - How?

neverness
Posted: Jan 17, 2011
neverness   |   Posted: Jan 17, 2011
Hi

After importing data from my bank, I am finding my transfers show up as a withdrawal from one account and a separate deposit into the other account. Although I could manually add a "Transfer" transaction, I don't want to manually delete 2 transactions and re-add a single Transfer to replace them. I'd prefer to just merge them together (or better yet have that happen automatically!)

I've looked around the forums and seen a few similar questions but the answers mostly seem to be that you just create the transaction as a Transfer initially. But because they came from external data, I don't have that option. And since I'm importing a year's history, with many hundreds of transfers, I *really* don't wanna have to do it by hand!

Apologies if I'm missing the obvious. A pointer to documentation or forum postings that answer my question will be as well appreciated as a direct answer :)

Thanks!

-- neverness
lexirh77
Posted: Jan 27, 2011
lexirh77   |   Posted: Jan 27, 2011
I am having this problem too. I want to change some old transactions (which were downloaded from external data) from Withdrawals to Transfers so my Reports will be more accurate. But when I try, the option is not there. The pull-down menu only has 2 options, Withdrawal or Deposit.

Does anyone have an answer for this issue?
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Jan 28, 2011
Brandon   |   Posted: Jan 28, 2011
This is something we're working on fixing for a future update to the site.
danielmatos
Posted: May 7, 2011
danielmatos   |   Posted: May 7, 2011
One way to do it was having a "merge as transfer" button available when two symmetrical transactions were selected in the transaction list.
airtonluciano
Posted: Jun 6, 2011
airtonluciano   |   Posted: Jun 6, 2011
Hi, Brandon! I see some guys are facing this problem, and so am I! When will you have it fixed? Thanks.
renattolima
Posted: Sep 18, 2011
renattolima   |   Posted: Sep 18, 2011
Hi Brandon,
I have the same problem. I want to pay for premium account, but this is something that annoying me and make me think twice before do it. Could you tell to us when this feature will be available?
Thanks in advance.
windsurfer915
Posted: Apr 11, 2015
windsurfer915   |   Posted: Apr 11, 2015
I would like this feature too. Right now, for all uploaded credit card payment transactions, I manually deleted the checking account and credit account transactions and create a new transfer using the "Credit Card Payment" feature. Yes, a big pain.

I did just realize though that I can now choose one of the uploaded transactions and covert it to a Transfer, so then I only have to delete one uploaded transaction, instead of two.
SiliconTrance
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Apr 13, 2015
SiliconTrance   |   Posted: Apr 13, 2015
If you select the deposit/withdrawal transactions from your transaction register, you'll see a 'Make Transfer' option appear next to the Jive, Unjive, Edit and Delete buttons at the top and bottom of the register. Click that button and the two transactions will be converted to a transfer.
martinRR
Posted: Nov 6, 2018
martinRR   |   Posted: Nov 6, 2018
Hi. I cannot find the 'Make Transfer' option. Could somebody please tell me if it really exists? still exists? Thanks
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Nov 7, 2018
Brandon   |   Posted: Nov 7, 2018
martinRR, This feature still exists but is only available to ClearCheckbook Premium members. You can learn more about all of the premium features here: https://www.clearcheckbook.com/premium

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.