ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

iphone

liv4ride
Posted: Jan 21, 2009
liv4ride   |   Posted: Jan 21, 2009
Is there a special version of the app for the iphone?
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Jan 23, 2009
Brandon   |   Posted: Jan 23, 2009
yes, if you go to http://www.clearcheckbook.com/mobile/ it will redirect you to the iphone specific portal.

We don't have a stand alone app yet. it's something we will be working on releasing.
sckurtenbach
Posted: Mar 27, 2009
sckurtenbach   |   Posted: Mar 27, 2009
Just joined, love the service! Any update on a stand alone app?
SiliconTrance
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Mar 28, 2009
SiliconTrance   |   Posted: Mar 28, 2009
I will be getting a new macbook pro in the upcoming week or two. I will finally be able to start developing the native iphone app at that time. Right now I have an old Powerbook that has the old proceessor type that won't let me install the iphone developer tools.
lsufan861
Posted: Mar 31, 2009
lsufan861   |   Posted: Mar 31, 2009
I have been using this for a while now and hope to see a stand alone app for the iphone soon. There are some very nice ones that I've tried for free and like that I can go right to the app on my phone and also backup from my iphone to my desktop.
lsufan861
Posted: May 31, 2009
lsufan861   |   Posted: May 31, 2009
There are plenty of check book apps for the iphone, you guys are missing the boat. You have a great web tool, but you need to get your app done.
vaidab
Posted: Jun 14, 2009
vaidab   |   Posted: Jun 14, 2009
Yes, I'd love an iphone application and I'd be willing to pay for it.

Something similar to toodledo.com (good syncing features in a todo application).
sbrowne
Posted: Jul 10, 2009
sbrowne   |   Posted: Jul 10, 2009
Hi, any idea when the stand alone App is likely to be released? It's something that was promised months ago! The web App is great but a stand alone App that can sync with the main website would be the icing on the cake!
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Jul 10, 2009
Brandon   |   Posted: Jul 10, 2009
Learning an entire new programming language takes a bit of time. Plus, I have a full time job and still have to support the site.

It's not like I can just crank out an iphone app overnight.

I looked into hiring someone to build an app for me, but the average quote is about 2x what the site has made from premium memberships so far... which is just not feasible at this point.

I can't promise when it will be released, but i can tell you that i'm still trying to learn the programming language used on an iPhone so i can get an app out.
taranee
Posted: Oct 5, 2009
taranee   |   Posted: Oct 5, 2009
I hate to bug you - but love your website, and would really love to have a direct app for it on my iphone.

Have you thought any more about hiring someone to create it?

It sounds like there is a long list of people that would pay for it. ;-)

Thanks,
Tara
daveimre
Posted: Oct 15, 2009
daveimre   |   Posted: Oct 15, 2009
Any word on progress on an iPhone app?

Love the site and the new functionality. thanks.

Dave
shannonbunch
Premium Member
Posted: Nov 10, 2009
shannonbunch   |   Posted: Nov 10, 2009
I have just noticed that after I had set up my reminders via my laptop, I have accessed my clearcheckbook via mobile and none of those reminders are there. Can you explain? Surely i don't have to set up those reminders individually via the mobile app.

Thanks,
www.shannonbunch.com

lruhlman
Posted: Nov 19, 2009
lruhlman   |   Posted: Nov 19, 2009
Hi Brandon -

First of all - - LOVE the service. I just started and am already hooked! As an iPhone user, I can instantly see the advantages of having a native app, but understand that there are hurtles to overcome in terms of programming. I was reading the forum and my normal "geek news" and stumbled across this article. I don't know if the service mentioned within it will help - but I thought it couldn't hurt to send it your way:

http://www.macworld.com/article/143918/2009/11/buildanapp.html

dolomite
Posted: Mar 5, 2010
dolomite   |   Posted: Mar 5, 2010
Yep, looks good. Would also love to have an iphone version also.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.