ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Budget Tool (Limits) and Recurring Transactions

btfox
Posted: Oct 12, 2011
btfox   |   Posted: Oct 12, 2011
I posted the below in the Features Discussion area yesterday; perhaps I should have asked here first if there is a way to do this (below) now??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will hopefully be able to convey my thought on this subject and I will try to be brief (sometimes have trouble with both).

Let me begin by stating; AWESOME product, big fan of ClearCheckbook.com. Two of my favorite features are the Spending Limits (Budget) and recurring transactions. What my wife and I like to know is, "What can we spend above and beyond our recurring bills for a month"? Would there be a way possible to add a check box to the Spending Limit feature to let you choose to include the recurring transactions during the time frame (i.e. - before the reset date you choose). What is VERY nice is to know what we can spend (basically on whatever) AFTER we account for the given bills of the month. When you choose a limit in the budget feature, it now takes away the amount of your recurring transaction when it automatically posts (esenntially accounts for it twice). If there was an option (check box to include or not to include) the recurring transactions; that would be GREAT!!!

As of now, everyday day I have a recurring transaction post, I must edit the spending limit to remove the amount of the post recurring transaction. Or it looks like I have less money leftover than I truly do.

To put this in a nutshell, it would hold for you the estimated future balance AFTER accounting for all your recurring transactions. The estimate future balances tool is also SPECTACULAR and this would be a great added tool for it. Nice to keep it like it is so you can manually add withdrawals or deposits to see what the change would be.

Hope this expplains things and sorry about not being brief.

Keep up the AWESOME work!!!

BTFox
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Oct 14, 2011
Brandon   |   Posted: Oct 14, 2011
BTFox,

This sounds like a pretty cool option to add. I've added this to our list of updates to add in the future. Thanks!
fumcbrawley
Premium Member
Posted: Jun 27, 2019
fumcbrawley   |   Posted: Jun 27, 2019
I need a tool where I can click on a split transaction, and turn it in to a recurring transaction. I don't need a reminder, I need a recurring transaction, already set up, that is a duplicate of a monthly transaction. "Recurring" is different than "reminder", and I don't see how to set up a recurring transaction, already split.
zmmrm122
Premium Member
Posted: Jun 29, 2019
zmmrm122   |   Posted: Jun 29, 2019
When you make an entry under Reminders/Recurring Transactions make sure you click on "Add Transaction". That will give you all of the options you need to make it recurring (frequency, dates, etc.). You can include splits in this function.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.