ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Transactions missing or out of order? Sort by Date.

Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Oct 10, 2013
Brandon   |   Posted: Oct 10, 2013
If you can't seem to find your transactions or it looks like your transactions are out of order but your balances are still correct, make sure you're sorting your register by the Date column.

When you sort your register by any of the columns (whether it's on the register or the search results page) that setting is remembered by our system. This can lead to confusion sometimes if you forget you sorted by say, the Category column, then go back to your register a date later and see things out of order.

To sort by Date, simply click the Date column header on the Transaction Register or the Search Results page.
SlimJim300073
Posted: Dec 6, 2014
SlimJim300073   |   Posted: Dec 6, 2014
I would further recommend a sub-sorting ability by number within date, or type of transaction within date. A lot of us have multiple transactions on the same day that get stuck in the order they were entered in. Any basic accountant will tell you that credits/deposits always go first in a ledger, yet my register locks deposits dead last after all my debits, which throws my running balance entirely off. Simply put, it creates unnecessary confusion when trying to balance accounts.
lauralee17
Premium Member
Posted: Jul 4, 2015
lauralee17   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
I seem to be missing years of transactions and my balances are NOT correct. What do I do? My register doesn't show any transactions since 2012.
Keenie524
Premium Member
Keenie524   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
I have the same issue as lauralee17.
jsyates
jsyates   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
I've clicked the button to restore, but I do not get any of my transactions or accounts to pull up. All that shows is reminders.
lilman1723
lilman1723   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
I received the same message. Anyone who logs in will have their transactions restored. I'm still at 0 everything. I have too many transactions to recover to start over, and days ahead before my bank clears to even begin.
jalozada
jalozada   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
All my accounts are missing transactions and the balances are all wrong. I have everything in here, I hope we don't lose it.
lianajazz
lianajazz   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
fingers crosseed they get this resolved... ALL my info is in here. I NEED this app
yoyoyoo123
yoyoyoo123   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
My transactions only restored back to October 2013. I'm missing so much information. I'm afraid to log any new transactions until this is all sorted out!
Emilybreanna
Emilybreanna   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
All of my transactions are GONE even after a restore!!! This is crap. I've been logging my transactions with this app for years!! I haven't been able to log anything new for days and now this! I'm furious!!
Greg0145
Greg0145   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
I use Mint as well but loved this app. But downtime this long is unacceptable.
mjwatson25
mjwatson25   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
I have restored and I'm missing over a year of transactions! This is a nightmare! Please, does anyone know if they expect to get this fixed??
Imfletch
Premium Member
Imfletch   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
It doesn't seem to matter how many times I "restore"... I only get data through 7/31/2014 ! That's almost an entire year of lost data! The thing that is most upsetting is that ClearCheckbook has only posted a sentence each day and that sentence doesn't really tell us anything. I would sure appreciate someone telling me that just because I only have data through July of 2014 doesn't mean the last year has been lost. I would also like a simple estimate as to when this site will be working again. Very soon I will have to opt for another app and I don't want to do that because this app has almost everything I want.
guderex
guderex   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
All of my transactions are restored up till March 2014 so I too am missing over a years worth of data! Is my data lost???
KimZ
KimZ   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
Everything since 2012 is missing and the balances are all what they were in 2012. Hope this gets properly fixed soon - I have liked this app a lot but I'm pretty close to looking for something else. Oh, and I think a refund would be in order for all who have been inconvenienced for several days by this glitch ... it will take me days to restore all the data I had on here or at least to get the correct balances for all accounts in order to start fresh.
jspiers1
jspiers1   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
Add me to the nothing since 2012 club. Man, I have to get this back.
Carlos Romano
Premium Member
Carlos Romano   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
I just recovered my information; thanks!!
I hope you got to solve the problem and it will never happen again.
Thanks again.
kalebeouf
kalebeouf   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2015
Same here! I have tried to restore my balance SEVERAL times.. anything since 2012 is gone. Do I need to just start over??
genetimeyourrace
Premium Member
Posted: Jul 5, 2015
genetimeyourrace   |   Posted: Jul 5, 2015
Misery loves company. I'm in the same boat... Restored but NO Transactions showing.
Are the backup files of any help?
cocochanel2004
Posted: Jul 5, 2015
cocochanel2004   |   Posted: Jul 5, 2015
I hit the button to restore all my transactions and I have a zero balance and no transactions. I have no idea what my bank balance is right now. I have too many transactions invested in this app to start all over again. Are they lost forever????

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.