ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Update of the Android App?

cswroe
Premium Member
Posted: Nov 13, 2013
cswroe   |   Posted: Nov 13, 2013
Hate to even say this since it is kind of one of my pet peeves, but is there anything on the horizon for the android application? The current app pretty much locks up any device (has been this way on my last three phones) if the data connection is even remotely sketchy. I have to do a battery pull or hold down the power button and do a hard restart to get the use of my phone back and this is often impractical at times since I multi-task way too much.

I have resorted to using the mobile site for the last few months, but this is getting a little tedious since even the mobile application makes it rather difficult to just quickly throw a transaction in. I had better efficiency with the SMS from long ago than I have had in the past 6 months, maybe even close to a year now. Since we also use this for our business it is kind of important that we keep good, accurate, and current records, but I am finding myself stashing receipts in my wallet until I can get to a computer.

Thanks,
PHishHead
Premium Member
Posted: Nov 14, 2013
PHishHead   |   Posted: Nov 14, 2013
I 2nd that motion for the same reasons. I contacted Brandon directly via the "contact us" link around Aug 30 and this is the response I rec'd back:

"We're currently working with a prominent android developer to help fix a few connectivity/freezing issues with our app. They've already identified a few issues that when fixed will make the app much more stable and usable. Perhaps you just happened to encounter one of those issues."

Aside from the mobile android app issue I still have no problem with CCB and am thoroughly satisfied with the way the developers keep up with changing times and minds.
k2bsolutions
Posted: Jan 29, 2015
k2bsolutions   |   Posted: Jan 29, 2015
How to update the Android apps and os?
TravisCrisD
Posted: Jun 6, 2015
TravisCrisD   |   Posted: Jun 6, 2015
It would be awesome if they would update the app to the V4 like the website!!!! Plus I would like to be able to use my premium features on the mobile app
charltonstanley
Premium Member
Posted: Jan 18, 2017
charltonstanley   |   Posted: Jan 18, 2017
Agreed, the android app could very much use some of the touch ups that the iOS version got. @Brandon, would you be willing to give us an ETA? Even if it is a long way off, an idea of when a beta would be released would be awesome.
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Jan 24, 2017
Brandon   |   Posted: Jan 24, 2017
The app is being worked on now. We hope to have it ready for a launch some time in Feb/Mar timeframe.
PHishHead
Premium Member
Posted: Jan 25, 2017
PHishHead   |   Posted: Jan 25, 2017
Awesome news, thanks for the update Brandon
zmmrm122
Premium Member
Posted: Feb 22, 2017
zmmrm122   |   Posted: Feb 22, 2017
I just (re) discovered something that may help while the app is being updated. The mobile website works really well.
PHishHead
Premium Member
Posted: Feb 23, 2017
PHishHead   |   Posted: Feb 23, 2017
users are beta testing the updeated app now. use the contact button at bottom left side of page to contact admin & ask him to add you to the beta testing group
zmmrm122
Premium Member
Posted: Mar 4, 2017
zmmrm122   |   Posted: Mar 4, 2017
I just checked out the Android update and it looks great - should be much more useful. The only (very small) issue I would have is that it picks up the final balance rather than "today's" balance. Would be nice if it had both, but not a major problem since I know what I'm looking at. But it's very easy to get rid of jived transactions, so the list is a lot cleaner. Also easier to search, and entry should be better. I'll probably use it more now.
vittoriop77
Posted: Mar 5, 2017
vittoriop77   |   Posted: Mar 5, 2017
I updated the app but it doesn't upload data to the cloud.
heth718
Premium Member
Posted: Feb 4, 2018
heth718   |   Posted: Feb 4, 2018
I agree with the necessity to see today's balance. I paid to upgrade the membership and find most of the features very helpful. I am eager to be able to view account information on my android phone, specifically when predicting bills and expenses and knowing where that puts the balance so I know whether I can afford to spend money on something while out and about.

I find entering transaction on my mobile device is actually easier than entering them on my computer so that came in handy today while out and about shopping.

I appreciate all the effort your team has put into this application.
PHishHead
Premium Member
Posted: Feb 5, 2018
PHishHead   |   Posted: Feb 5, 2018
heth, why cant you see todays balance on your Android? The CCB Android App rocks right now. Enables for me to do more than I want to do on my smart phone. When I open CCB on my cell it usually brings me to the Account page , which shows me the balance of ALL my accts...the jived & unjived balance. I can then click the upper left to open the transactions page, reminders, budgets & even manage my categories or contact admin.
The main thing about this site & its app is that everything is in laymans' terms & meant to keep everything simple & convenient, not bog down the app. or site. Awesome that you're enjoying the site. I am just another individual user for personal finance purposes, not a business owner & this has become my only financial go to. This site just makes my finances so simple...I can do so much more on this site than I had ever dreamed to do when everyone was still on a manual checkbook. I tried a few other sites & this is just the best for me....especially the security measures...the fact I shared no sensitive information whatsoever (SS#, Acct. #s, etc)
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Feb 6, 2018
Brandon   |   Posted: Feb 6, 2018
heth718,

We don't have the today's balance / future balance differentiation in the mobile apps yet. We'll look at getting more features like this included in the mobile apps.
zmmrm122
Premium Member
Posted: May 1, 2018
zmmrm122   |   Posted: May 1, 2018
There's a lot in this chain, some of which would be helpful. Having just gone for a week computerless, I can say that I still find the mobile website more useful than the Android app, pending at least some of:
Group totals available;
future balances;
bills (changing a reminder doesn't seem to change the bill, it works the other way).

(Note: Mobile website does work well).

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.