ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Category selection missing from Transfer Edit

BradAJennings
Premium Member
Posted: Jan 22, 2015
BradAJennings   |   Posted: Jan 22, 2015
I notice that the Category drop down list is not available when creating a Transfer. In order to add a Category to the Transfer I must 1) add the Transfer and save it, then 2) open the Register and locate the Transfer then 3) select a category for the transfer.

Would you preserve or add the category selection drop-down list when creating a Transfer?

<bump>
kjtittle
Premium Member
Posted: Jan 19, 2019
kjtittle   |   Posted: Jan 19, 2019
I am having the same issue and it is a pain. It takes twice as long to do a transfer. I have started doing a withdrawal and then a deposit for transactions involving categories.

How long do we have to wait for this feature?
nisperos
Premium Member
Posted: Nov 14, 2019
nisperos   |   Posted: Nov 14, 2019
I just emailed Brandon via the Contact Us link to re-iterate users' request to be able apply a Category to transfer. I am such a user. It's possible to Categorize a transfer, but only after the fact: you have to create the transfer (either via the Add Transaction widget on the Dashboard, or via the Enter Transaction widget on the Register, or via a Reminder/Recurring Transaction), and only once the transfer is displayed in the Register can you add a Category to it by editing the transaction. Even if you have only Transfer that you want to Categorize, I recommend selecting the Transaction in the Register by checking the box next to it to select it, the clicking the Edit button, and CC will (ta-da!) make the Category menu available to you, you select a Category, and finally click Save. Editing a single transfer transaction in the register by clicking on the transaction in order to expand it and put it into edit mode is not recommended: I have found that the addition of a category to the transaction using this method is not sticky. Upon making selecting the Category in this edit mode and then clicking Save to close the transaction, exit edit mode, and effect the change to the record, I often found that application of the Category was not sticky and i had to repeat the process at least once more in order to get CC to accept the edit.
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Nov 15, 2019
Brandon   |   Posted: Nov 15, 2019
This feature is being added to the new V5 upgrade. You can learn more about the upgrade here: https://www.clearcheckbook.com/blog/clearcheckbook-news/the-next-big-update-for-clearcheckbook-version-5

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.