ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Credit card details

basiwatts
Posted: Jun 1, 2009
basiwatts   |   Posted: Jun 1, 2009
I wish to know how to maintain expenses paid through credit card. I want the credit card account to show the total amount spent using the credit card. This amount should reduce when the credit card payment is made. Please let me know.
jamesniem
Posted: Jun 2, 2009
jamesniem   |   Posted: Jun 2, 2009
OK, I'll fess up.

I don't understand this question.

The way the question is posed describes exactly how I perceive the site behavior...maybe I'm just not understanding...I have not encountered any problems understanding the data presented.

The more purchases...the more the balance goes up...make a payment...the balance goes down...I'm suspecting that perhaps the OP is expecting some sort of linking mechanism to auto magically "see" purchases and payments...

Is the poster looking for a site that will link into the credit card account? They are available. Let *us* know.
cvdamm
Posted: Sep 30, 2009
cvdamm   |   Posted: Sep 30, 2009
I think that the problem may be the same on that I faced. I am not sure if this is what you mean but it seems as though CCB is adding the balances of my credit cards to my checking accounts, which should be no problem except that it is failing to see my credt card balances as actually carrying a negative balance (where they to be applied to my overall net-worth. Is there some way to fix this?
Rroque
Posted: Oct 16, 2009
Rroque   |   Posted: Oct 16, 2009
That Is also what I am having trouble with. For my TOTAL balance it includes my CCB as an addition to my balance when in reality it should be subtracted from my total of all my accounts since it is what I owe.
Rroque
Posted: Oct 16, 2009
Rroque   |   Posted: Oct 16, 2009
Okay I just figured it out. I went in and edited my CC Transaction, And The balance entered needs to be entered as a withdraw not as a deposit.
PHishHead
Premium Member
Posted: Mar 12, 2010
PHishHead   |   Posted: Mar 12, 2010
Actually you just need to start your initial CC balance as a negative number. Then purchases are withdraws & payments are deposits

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.