ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Bug - Budget amount spent is not accurate for one category

ab4scherer
Premium Member
Posted: Apr 22, 2015
ab4scherer   |   Posted: Apr 22, 2015
I have a budget for a category, "Shopping", that is setup to include deposits. Currently my CCB budget is saying that I've spend zero dollars this month which is not correct. When I click on the budget item and then link to see the actual transactions for the month, it shows the transactions and the total for the month is not zero. I did the refresh several times and that has not made any difference. I did notice that if I edit the budget, and then unselect and select again the include deposits checkbox, after I hit edit budget to accept, the total then displays correctly. However, if I then click refresh to the page, it goes back to zero.
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Apr 23, 2015
Brandon   |   Posted: Apr 23, 2015
If you have 'Include Deposits' option enabled and the deposits are greater than the withdrawals, your spent will show 0.

With that option enabled, the formula works like this:

Amount Spent = (Sum of deposits)+(Sum of withdrawals)
If amount spent is greater than 0 (aka, you deposited 200 but spent 100), the amount spent is 0.
ab4scherer
Premium Member
Posted: Apr 28, 2015
ab4scherer   |   Posted: Apr 28, 2015
That is likely the reason I'm seeing zero. Although there still is the problem that after you edit the budget it will temporarily show the total spent as only the withdrawls until you click refresh, then it resorts and recalculates. Would be nice to recalculate automatically after accepting the edit.
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Apr 28, 2015
Brandon   |   Posted: Apr 28, 2015
This has been fixed.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.