ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

New Feature - Post-dated (future) transaction display in register and balances/overviews

Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Jan 14, 2016
Brandon   |   Posted: Jan 14, 2016
We've made a bunch of updates to the way future/post-dated transactions are handled. Now, when you have transactions that are added for a future date in your transaction register, those transactions will be a slightly lighter color in the register so you can differentiate them from your current/past transactions.

Additionally, you'll now see your account overviews and overall balances broken into the overall and balance as of today. This will make it a lot easier for those who often add upcoming transactions but still want to see their current balances as of today (excluding the future transactions).

For those who don't post-date or add future transactions, you won't see any changes apparent in the system.
familybourke
Premium Member
Posted: Jan 15, 2016
familybourke   |   Posted: Jan 15, 2016
It is great to see new features being added, so thank you.

I am however finding this feature a little buggy as when in the Transaction Register the amounts displayed aren't always being updated when a new transaction is added or an existing one jived. I can't quite work out what balances are showing in the new Today fields, but they aren't what I am expecting and therefore I don't think the calculations are always quite right.

Also, in my opinion, the new Today fields add clutter to the Account Overviews gadget on the Account Dashboard, so it would be nice to have the option to turn them off here. It would also be nice to have the option to turn off the Credit Card percentage on this gadget as well.
hollydee10
hollydee10   |   Posted: Jan 15, 2016
I also love this program, but when i logged in this morning and saw the new feature in the dashboard i was very confused. i agree it adds clutter and would like to be able to turn it off, as it in no way assists me and doesn't make sense to me.
teresa7
Premium Member
teresa7   |   Posted: Jan 15, 2016
I agree that it adds clutter and looked for a way to turn it off. If it were added instead as a 3rd column so that there is a Jived, Balance, and Today's Balance column, then the implementation would be improved.
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Brandon   |   Posted: Jan 15, 2016
We've added a setting to disable the 'Today's Balance' option. this can be found by clicking on Settings at the top right side of the page, then click on General Settings.

If you don't want the credit card limit to show up, simply don't add a credit card limit.
gf23798
gf23798   |   Posted: Jan 15, 2016
Excellent feature, thanks! However, the slightly lighter font is almost indistinguishable from the others. Running Chrome on Windows 10. I tried to post a screenshot but don't see an option to post pics. Can we make the contrast a little more?

ej1842
Premium Member
Posted: Feb 15, 2016
ej1842   |   Posted: Feb 15, 2016
Late to the conversation on this and admittedly when it first came out, found it to a little cluttering. But instead of turning off, it has now become a very welcomed feature for sure and my eyes and brain have now adopted to managing the information it provides easily. Like many who responded, I like to mark future payments as made once I physically do the action so that I can be certain I'm actually taking care of rather than just tracking. But I also like to know where I am...at the end of the month [or upon an account close date] in particular, this makes balancing an account much easier. Thanks for the additional functionality!

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.