ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

New Feature - Credit Limits for Credit Cards

Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Jan 14, 2016
Brandon   |   Posted: Jan 14, 2016
We've added a new feature that lets you add a credit limit to your various credit cards and then shows how much you've spent on that card as a percent of your credit limit. The percentages will show up in the Account Overviews and Account Balances on the Dashboard, Transaction Register and Credit Card page.

You can manage your credit limits by clicking on Settings at the top right side of the page, then click on Accounts. Any account that's listed as a Credit Card can have a limit applied to it.
Daniel_B
Premium Member
Posted: Jan 16, 2016
Daniel_B   |   Posted: Jan 16, 2016
Great feature! Thanks
nostrebornod68
Premium Member
Posted: Jan 25, 2016
nostrebornod68   |   Posted: Jan 25, 2016
Thank you! Been wanting that feature!
Jay9684
Posted: Jul 30, 2016
Jay9684   |   Posted: Jul 30, 2016
I emailed you about this already Brandon but I'll post the issue here as well. I added limits to the cards I have in my accounts. I was not aware of this feature until today when I went into accounts to delete an old one. The credit limit percentage doesn't change with activity on credit cards. My test transaction I conducted should have showed 50% usage with a $1,000 transaction on a $2,000 card limit. This is a bug that needs to be fixed, I'm surprised no one has mentioned this to you in the forums.
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Jul 30, 2016
Brandon   |   Posted: Jul 30, 2016
Jay9684,

I replied to your email but I'll post the response here as well.

"It appears that all of your cards with credit limits have positive balances. Unless the account balance drops into the negative, the credit limit will remain at 0%. You can test this by adding a large test transaction (like $3000) to your American Express account so the balance goes negative and then you'll see that the percentage of credit limit change."

Obviously if you're carrying a positive balance on your cards, any amount you spend isn't directly affecting your credit limit. Instead, it's eating away at the positive balance before your credit limit comes into play.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.