ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

No Account Info

maxsom
Posted: Feb 6, 2017
maxsom   |   Posted: Feb 6, 2017
When I try to go into my register on the app, it shows a $0 balance and no transactions. All the info is still there on the website, though.
PHishHead
Premium Member
PHishHead   |   Posted: Feb 6, 2017
Maxsom, I am having the same exact problem. I contacted the admin and this is his reply.

"We had to switch DNS servers last Friday night (that was the maintenance we alerted everyone to on the website and facebook) since the old DNS provider was shutting down service. It appears that for some reason the switch is only affecting some people using the Android app. It's loading just fine on my android phone and those same users report being able to load the mobile website and the website from their computer. I'm not sure why the DNS switch is causing android problems. My only guess is that there's some kind of lag or delay in the way android phones are receiving the dns change. I'm keeping an eye on it to see if a) it happens on my phone and b) if the people who previously had your issue suddenly start seeing their balances again.

If you load the app and notice everything is back to normal, please let me know. In the meantime, my only real suggestion is to load https://www.clearcheckbook.com from the browser on your phone, unfortunately."

Maxsom I told him everything I did to try to get it back and he is still working on finding out why.
PHishHead
Premium Member
PHishHead   |   Posted: Feb 6, 2017
i went to the Play Store on my phone & tablet and tried to uninstall, then reinstall the app. Didnt work for me, see if it does for you
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Brandon   |   Posted: Feb 6, 2017
Please see our blog post here for more information on this: https://www.clearcheckbook.com/blog/clearcheckbook-news/dns-connection-issue-with-android-app

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.