ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Bug - Ads?

wlhswr
Posted: Aug 13, 2017
wlhswr   |   Posted: Aug 13, 2017
I'm a premium user of ClearCheckbook, and have been for a couple of months. I also use Adguard, which blocks ads in apps. It also keeps track of data usage on a per app basis, to include upload, download, and blocked ads.

Over the past 24 hours, ClearCheckbook used 182.7KB download, 65.5KB upload, and attempted to download 10.7MB (455 ads!) from blocked servers. That seems quite excessive.

Is this supposed to be happening for a premium user?

Screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D5QPx0QlbhK87Ya-573G-uxswwmx92KCZw/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/111Tj0m9WcoZWg9pDapN5prrujk5v0z9MqQ/view?usp=sharing

Thank you.
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Aug 14, 2017
Brandon   |   Posted: Aug 14, 2017
Neither our apps nor website serve any kind of advertisements. I'm not sure what your ad blocker is doing, but it's definitely not blocking ads from our app since they don't exist.

We run a service called crashlytics on the app which helps us catch bugs and crashes but it would not be using that much data.

Does your ad blocker provide any real information on what was blocked or is it just an arbitrary number?
cswroe
Premium Member
Posted: Aug 14, 2017
cswroe   |   Posted: Aug 14, 2017
Adguard blocks crashlytics, so thinking it is using more trying to reconnect and send rather than using less when it can connect.

You can add a filter @@||crashlytics.com^ to get around it.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.