ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

General - Deleting Splits

dkdelkjr
Posted: Apr 13, 2018
dkdelkjr   |   Posted: Apr 13, 2018
I have several transactions that I would like to remove the splits and just record as a single "standard" transaction with a single category. However, when I try, I get this error message - The sum of your splits doesn't add up to the transaction amount. (0 vs -1.42) Continue anyway?" Regardless of how I reply, I cannot get rid of the unwanted splits. How do I "unsplit" an existing transaction?
PHishHead
Premium Member
PHishHead   |   Posted: Apr 13, 2018
delete the splits & record as individual transactions for that particular date. Would that solve your issue, im just thinking at the top of my head.
dkdelkjr
dkdelkjr   |   Posted: Apr 13, 2018
If I'm understanding correctly, you suggest I delete the split and the original transaction, then enter a new transaction with the correct date and amount?
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Apr 15, 2018
Brandon   |   Posted: Apr 15, 2018
The better way to delete splits from a transaction is to click the <<# Splits>> link next to the description for the transaction. This will show each split individually. Next, click the checkbox next to each split and then click the blue 'Delete' button at the top or bottom of the transaction register.
PHishHead
Premium Member
Posted: Apr 15, 2018
PHishHead   |   Posted: Apr 15, 2018
Thank you Brandon for the clarification. I have never needed to perform the particular process, it was just my way of thinking, I guess

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.