ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Bug - No Security on iOS?

fishmoo
Posted: May 16, 2018
fishmoo   |   Posted: May 16, 2018
Am I missing something or is there really no security feature for this app on iOS? Since this is all about financial data, putting it behind a Face ID/Fingerprint check, PIN, or something should be the default.
PHishHead
Premium Member
Posted: Jun 8, 2018
PHishHead   |   Posted: Jun 8, 2018
The best thing about CCB is that when we signed up we did not share any bank acct info, social security # or any other personal information. We shared only an email address. Neither of you are Premium Members, so you didn't share any financial info with CCB at all. I did in order to pay for my Premium fees. I discussed that with admin & was told my CC info I shared is held by a third party in a separate location. I have NEVER had a single issue in the 9 years I have been with CCB, so I am very pleased.
If you are still concerned i recommend adding a safety measure (password) to your device so no one can even swipe to open it.

This site/app is NOT connected to your bank account. Somebody looking at any info on your CCB cannot do anything with it. They can stare at it all day, but cant transfer, withdrawal or do anything at all with the info they are looking at....

AND THAT IS WHY I SIGNED UP FOR, AND AM STILL USING CCB 9 YEARS LATER!!!

love love love this site & app
PHishHead
Premium Member
Posted: Jun 8, 2018
PHishHead   |   Posted: Jun 8, 2018
Also guys to add on to my reply. I am not an ios user, i am an android user, but i am sure admin put the same security measures on your app. Went to the homepage of the app on my android. There is a 'Set Up Lock' feature that permits the user to set up a PIN Code or Fingerprint lock to secure your data.....exactly what you requested Fishmoo.
I just realized this, but I still wont set it up because no one knows my PW to open my device....plus the info I shared in my 1st reply
hollmann
Premium Member
Posted: Jun 27, 2018
hollmann   |   Posted: Jun 27, 2018
I agree with PhishHead. There is no account information stored in the site. That's the cool part about this. You name the accounts whatever you want, which can be totally unrelated to your "real" accounts, and then it's just numbers in a ledger that don't mean anything to anyone but you.
rfedermann
Premium Member
Posted: Jul 1, 2018
rfedermann   |   Posted: Jul 1, 2018
+1 on the responses. I like CCB because it is simple to use and no personal or account info is entered into the database. It would be secure even if my login had no password at all. The info I enter is of zero value to anyone but me.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.