ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Bug - Transaction Category Not Saving

hollmann
Premium Member
Posted: Jun 28, 2018
hollmann   |   Posted: Jun 28, 2018
In the iOS app, when you add a new transaction and start typing in the Description field, auto-fill choices appear. That's kind of a new thing, and it's great. When you select one of the choices, then the check number, transaction type, account, and category fields auto fill as well, all based on what you chose for the Description field. But then when you save the transaction everything saves fine except the Category field. It doesn't save. It ends up being no category. Can you fix this? Thanks.
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Jun 30, 2018
Brandon   |   Posted: Jun 30, 2018
Hello,

I'm sorry you're having issues with the iOS app. Do you have the latest version of the app installed? This bug should have been fixed in that version.
hollmann
Premium Member
Posted: Jul 4, 2018
hollmann   |   Posted: Jul 4, 2018
I do have the latest version: 3.1.4.
jasonrust
Posted: Sep 1, 2019
jasonrust   |   Posted: Sep 1, 2019
Still continue to have this issue. Any update?
Vicentec
Premium Member
Posted: Sep 14, 2019
Vicentec   |   Posted: Sep 14, 2019
Hello,
I have the same problem even after upgrading to version 3.1.4 a year ago. If it helps, in my case I only use subcategories. I think that if you use root categories it works, but if you have defined categories within the main categories, the auto-fill does not work. I believe that although I have never tried it, because as I said before, I only use nested categories. It would be nice if the auto-fill with nested categories also worked.
Thanks for your services and support.
aworonec
Premium Member
Posted: Oct 17, 2019
aworonec   |   Posted: Oct 17, 2019
I have the same problem with the categories not saving for over a year now when i enter transactions on the iphone app. Also transactions have disappeared. i will have to use my daughters computer to fix everything, very frustrating. A new problem that has appeared over the last month or so is the date is wrong. For example i choose the Oct 12, 2019 but after saving the transaction the date will be different. at first i thought it was me choosing the wrong date but i figured out that if for example i choose the 5th it will actually show up as the 6th. always a day off. the two problems are very frustrating as i do a lot of sorting at the end of the year for taxes and the accuracy of the categories isa extremely important to this process. I feel like i should start looking for another app to use but i've been using this one so long i really dont want to but at some point i'm gonna have to do what i gotta do for the sake of accuracy. :(

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.