ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

General - Using the envelopes and the Budget together

dheglin
Posted: Nov 27, 2018
dheglin   |   Posted: Nov 27, 2018
I'm new to ClearCheckbook so forgive me for the hopefully easy question. I'll use car insurance as an example. I pay car insurance every 6 months, but budget a certain amount each month and tuck it in a separate account to pay later. In ClearCheckbook, I have envelopes and a separate account and the budget item. When I transfer the monthly amount from checking into my side account, I cannot seem to get ClearCheckbook to register it as spent in the budget while showing the additional amount in the envelopes. I can only get one or the other, but not both. How do I get ClearCheckbook to show this? I've tried creating additional accounts, adjusting the settings in the budget and the envelopes. No success. Help!

Update? - Will the newly updated envelope addition help with this problem? I'm not a premium member at this time, but if it will I may strongly consider it.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.