ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

New Feature - We've added 2-step verification to ClearCheckbook

Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Nov 30, 2018
Brandon   |   Posted: Nov 30, 2018
2-step verification is now available on ClearCheckbook. You can enable it by clicking on Settings at the top right side of the page and then click on 2-Step Verification.

You can learn more about 2-step verification on ClearCheckbook here: https://www.clearcheckbook.com/blog/clearcheckbook-updates/2step-verification-now-available-on-clearcheckbook
zmmrm122
Premium Member
Posted: Apr 30, 2019
zmmrm122   |   Posted: Apr 30, 2019
Is there any way to set this up with more than one device? I would like to set it up on my tablet as well as the phone.
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Apr 30, 2019
Brandon   |   Posted: Apr 30, 2019
If you have Google Authenticator, or any other authenticator app, installed on multiple devices, the QR code you scan from ClearCheckbook should always display a matching 6 digit code regardless of device. The pin regenerates every 30 seconds and as long as the QR code you scan is the same, it will generate the same 6 digit code each time it refreshes. Is this not happening for you?
rambotech
Premium Member
Posted: Jun 3, 2019
rambotech   |   Posted: Jun 3, 2019
I just tried to set this up on my account, and used Google Authenticator. Google Authenticator displays a dialog saying "invalid barcode". I noticed that in the examples for Google Authenticator, the query values for secret do no show equal signs (Base32 padding). My secret value is with "?secret=HE4 ... MQ====", with literal equal signs. I think this may need to be represented as: "?secret=HE4 ... MQ%2e%2e%2e%2e". I don't see any other issues reported for 2FA from others, so this caught my attention.
rambotech
Premium Member
rambotech   |   Posted: Jun 3, 2019
@Brandon: some more info on the 2FA failure from above. I tried to add the code manually, using the value from secret in the query. It also reported a bad code. If I strip off the four equal signs at the end of the secret value, the manual entry takes the code and provides a valid 6-digit number. Hope this helps. The Google Authenticator repository on GitHub has a note which says the padding specified in RFC 3548 section 2.2 is not required and should be omitted.
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Brandon   |   Posted: Jun 3, 2019
rambotech,

We just released an update that strips off the equal signs at the end of the code. Please let us know if you continue to have any issues now.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.