ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Bug - OneDrive Backup

whall3y
Premium Member
Posted: Feb 8, 2019
whall3y   |   Posted: Feb 8, 2019
I can't seem to enable OneDrive backups.

At first I tried to enable it using my OneDrive account with Office365 Business but it doesn't seem to allow authentication with this.

Then I tried my personal account ****@live.com for which it did accept the credentials include the 2FA code. But it still says "Automatic backups are currently: Disabled".

If I try to enable again it does nothing after click the "Authorize Backups withMicrosoft OneDrive".

What am I doing wrong?
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Feb 9, 2019
Brandon   |   Posted: Feb 9, 2019
We're investigating reports that some users aren't able to authenticate their onedrive backups. We'll hopefully have this fixed soon. Google Drive and DropBox appear to be working just fine.
whall3y
Premium Member
Posted: Mar 8, 2019
whall3y   |   Posted: Mar 8, 2019
Any update?
whall3y
Premium Member
Posted: Mar 24, 2019
whall3y   |   Posted: Mar 24, 2019
Any update?
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Mar 25, 2019
Brandon   |   Posted: Mar 25, 2019
It looks like Microsoft changed some of the authentication protocols with the OneDrive API. We're looking into what needs to be updated on our end to work with the new API.
whall3y
Premium Member
Posted: Mar 28, 2019
whall3y   |   Posted: Mar 28, 2019
Thanks for the update, appreciated.
jwelborne
Premium Member
Posted: Apr 23, 2019
jwelborne   |   Posted: Apr 23, 2019
I am having the same problems. Backup worked until January 8th.
jwelborne
Premium Member
Posted: May 2, 2019
jwelborne   |   Posted: May 2, 2019
Any update?
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: May 3, 2019
Brandon   |   Posted: May 3, 2019
In short, we're still experiencing issues with OneDrive backups.

The long version is that the current version of ClearCheckbook is running on an older version of PHP (a web programming language) which their API no longer supports. We've been working for the last 5 months to re-write ClearCheckbook on the most up-to-date version of PHP. This rewrite will ensure we can easily stay up to date on future updates of PHP and all of the connections that rely on it (like onedrive backup API).

Unfortunately this isn't a quick process to rewrite an entire website and we still have a few months of work ahead of us until this has been completed. Once this is done, the OneDrive backups will be working again.
TechGuy
Premium Member
Posted: Oct 9, 2019
TechGuy   |   Posted: Oct 9, 2019
Any news on this?

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.