ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Bug - Envelope budgetting does not seem to add up correctly.

whall3y
Premium Member
Posted: Apr 12, 2019
whall3y   |   Posted: Apr 12, 2019
I capture business expenditure in a category called (you guessed it) "Business Expense". Expenses can be incurred across multiple accounts and appear as withdrawls. When my employer pays me I enter them as Deposits against the accounts they are paid into again with a Category of "Business" Expense.

Over time I can see how much business expenditure is outstanding to me by my employer by running the Beta >> P/L report for the "Business Expense" category to see total income vs expense - Which at present is ZERO :-)

I can also do a quick register search for that category across "All Time" and that also equals ZERO.

All the above looks good.

However if I add the category I get the "Business Category" showing as -£10 --- I was expecting this to be ZERO.

Am I missunderstanding how the envelope budget works?
whall3y
Premium Member
Posted: Apr 12, 2019
whall3y   |   Posted: Apr 12, 2019
And just to confirm, if I click on the envelope which says -£10 to view the transactions it does indeed display the total as ZERO. Very odd.
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Apr 15, 2019
Brandon   |   Posted: Apr 15, 2019
This is very strange. We're trying to figure out what's causing that extra £10 to show up in the envelope budget.
whall3y
Premium Member
Posted: Apr 15, 2019
whall3y   |   Posted: Apr 15, 2019
This is an issue with currencies... Just setup a new category to test and added three transactions...

trans1 -10 GBP
trans2 -12 EUR
trans3 -15 EUR

The envelope shows as -37GBP

When I look at the detail it is actually -33.60 GBP <<--- Which is correct.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.