ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase (eg: what is jive?)

Suggestion - Bill Tracker recurring transactions

whall3y
Premium Member
Posted: Apr 17, 2019
whall3y   |   Posted: Apr 17, 2019
Is there any reason why I can't create a Transfer when adding a Bill to the Bill Tracker with a recurring transaction . I'd like to add credit card payments to this that transfer funds from my checking to credit card account? I seem to be able to go into the recurring transactions and change this, but is doesn't seem ideal, but hopefully this will work.

It seems a bit 'klunky' having to link the Bill Tracker and recurring transactions the way it is, but I guess it allows all recurring transations to be visibile in one place.

Would it not be better to, instead of the "If your bill amount changes month to month, we'll pull the value from the Bill Tracker, not what's in the transaction below" message, to just grey-out the transaction figure so it cannot be edited?
Brandon
Premium Member
- Site Admin -
Posted: Apr 17, 2019
Brandon   |   Posted: Apr 17, 2019
The bill tracker was built more for bill payments such as utilities, rent, etc. We have the reminders and recurring transactions tool for more complex transactions. We'll look into adding a transfer option to the bill tracker.
RokkoRegister
Posted: Oct 27, 2019
RokkoRegister   |   Posted: Oct 27, 2019
Brandon, I would appreciate that feature as well. I track spending via categories within the credit card accounts and would simply like to transfer funds from my bank account to the credit card accounts in order to pay the bills. What I will do in the interim is create a Category called TRANSFERS and put my credit card payment there. Then when the payment posts in my credit card account, I'll categorize it as a TRANSFER with a net zero. It's a work-around but Brandon if you will do this your tool would be even more useful and I'll upgrade to Premium!
zmmrm122
Premium Member
Posted: Oct 28, 2019
zmmrm122   |   Posted: Oct 28, 2019
I generally set those up as recurring transactions. That way they post automatically as transfers.

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.