ClearCheckbook Support Forums

ClearCheckbook Support Forums

Search the Forums

Enter a word or phrase

Iphone App

I stopped using this because I found an iPhone app that does the same thing. I was sure that there would have already been an app for this, since they designed a web app. Get us the iphone app!!!
by lsufan861  
posted May 31, 2009
It's easier to demand an iphone app than to actually think about what goes on behind the scenes for one.

I'm the only developer here. I built the site, designed the site and manage the site.

I have a full time job, plus work on other sites of my own on the side. It's not as easy as me just deciding i'm going to write an iphone app tomorrow. There's a lot of learning that goes into building one, plus some changes that need to be made on the actual site so things can sync up.

I'm trying to learn, it's just time consuming.
by Brandon   Site Admin   Premium Member
posted June 3, 2009
Thanks for the hard work you do. I love your web-based program and am sticking with it, even though I just got an iPhone. It works and it's easy to use. I don't want to even mess with trying to learn a new program which may or may not be as good as yours. Charge us a couple of bucks (maybe 1.99 or 2.99) when you do finish the iPhone app. Maybe you'll make a fortune.
by carlyearnshaw  
posted July 11, 2009
I'm working on creating a free one right now. Its still taking some time to learn, but i'm working on it.
posted July 12, 2009
An iPhone app will be a nice feature but this application currently works well with the iPhone as it is. What this program has that no other current iPhone banking app has is that your check book data is stored on ClearCheckBook's server. That means when I spend money at the store usually on a debit/credit card purchase, I can update my balance immediately before I leave the parking lot. My wife at the same time can also do the same thing across town where she is shopping. This has saved us from overspending our account numerous times. We can also see our accounts from any computer.
The ability for a couple sharing an account to know exactly where that accounts stands is well worth the cost of the premium membership. One work around that simplifies things for me is another iPhone app called (1Password) it allows you to save the login info to the ClearCheckBook and other web sites so you can easily access it with just a couple of clicks.
by robertxn  
posted September 25, 2009
Brandon, you are doing a great job with the site. I love it. With regards to an iPhone app, I know you said you are working on a free one. Generally, I don't pay for iPhone apps; however, for this one I would. I would gladly pay $5 for an app that gives me quick access to make register entries in my accounts. Trying to use the Safari browser just takes to long.

Keep up the great work.
by bgundelf  
posted October 6, 2009
Is there an update on this?
May was the last update according to this post..
by jchechile  
posted October 26, 2009
I mean june.
by jchechile  
posted October 26, 2009
omg sorry july! :( wish i could edit posts.
by jchechile  
posted October 26, 2009
We're getting the API finished first so we can actually use the iphone to access the site.

Also, I quit my full time job to focus on ClearCheckbook. I wanted to get as many bugs worked out of the actual site and get its features updated before completing the iphone app. Getting the main site done and finalized is important as a first step. That way I don't have to keep going back and changing the code in the iPhone app.

It'll be out eventually, I just can't promise when. It's also tougher to pick up and learn Objective-C than I thought it would be. I'm trying.
posted October 26, 2009
A free and easy way to create an iPhone app like experience with ClearCheckBook .
To do it, follow these steps.
1. In iphone go to SETTINGS, then SAFARI. Under AUTOFILL set “Names and Passwords” to ON. Close settings.
2. Open Safari and log in to ClearCheckBook.com with your name and password. Be sure to check the box that saves your login information. If your iPhone asks you if you want to save your password say yes. After logging in successfully close Safari do not log out of ClearCheckBook.com
3. Now go to the APP Store on your iPhone, search for and install the free App called (ANYAPP).
4. Now that ANYAPP is installed on your iPhone, open SETTINGS again and find the ANYAPP program. Open it to change its settings. You need to set the Website Address to: https://www.clearcheckbook.com/account/summary
5. That’s it, close settings and find the ANYAPP icon on your iPhone. It should launch right into your ClearCheckBook account. For security you may want to also set autolock and passcode lock on your phone under Settings General. This is a real good idea anyways.
by robertxn  
posted December 2, 2009
I cannot find the iPhone app. Was it removed?
by msisson  
posted January 22, 2010
nope.
the anyapp app still exists.
but whenever i try to load it, it basically asks for my login over and over and i have to fill it in.

i have the site saved to my iphone as a shortcut and that at least saves the form input... i'll just stick with that for awhile. i dont get why there's an app that basically just loads a preset shortcut, the iphone does this natively.

how about an app that lets you swipe to unlock it as well while they're at it?

by jchechile  
posted March 26, 2010
The success of iPhone made Apple introduce four advanced versions and the reason behind its success was that the device supported the development of simple apps which made it even more amazing. With the iPhone becoming successful, the demand for iPhone Apps is also increasing. It was during July 2008 when the number of apps per month were 500 and today there are more than 350,000 apps available in the apps store and the store has noticed a remarkable number of downloads from the iPhone users. The biggest benefit that iPhone users received was that the device supported third party apps and this revolutionized the way these devices used to function.
-----------------------------------
iPhone 5 release date
by Narcisochella  
posted September 22, 2011

Contact ClearCheckbook

If you have a question about the site, please check the Support Forums, Tutorials and Help section to see if it's already answered there.

Your message has been sent.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work hard to respond as quickly as possible to our emails. You'll receive a response soon.