The latest version of ClearCheckbook has finally been released. This version introduces an incredibly large number of new features, updates, and visual enhancements which will all lead to making your ClearCheckbook experience more productive.
Here's a breakdown of some of the new features and major updates that have been made to the site:
- Recurring Transactions - This had been one of the most requested features that people wanted added to the site. Well, now it's here and it's working great. The recurring transactions are now tied into the reminders system, which has also been updated. Simply enter when you would like your transaction to take place and whether or not it's repeating and we'll take care of the rest.
- Updated Reminders - We've now added many more options for how your reminders can repeat. Now bi-weekly, bi-monthly, every 3, 4, and 6 months are all options you can choose from. The interface to the reminders system has also been upgraded.
- Split Transactions - This was also another highly requested feature by our members. Splits work just like you'd expect them to. Simply enter your transaction and tell us you want to split it and we break it out so you can enter amounts/categories for each split. There's no limit to the number of splits you can make either.
- "Quick Adding" - We've given you the ability to add new transactions directly from the main accounts summary page. Now there's no need to go to a separate page to add your transactions (although we still give you that option)
- Jiving / Balancing - The way you reconcile your checkbook has also been completely revamped. Instead of having a dedicated page for jiving transactions, you can now mark a transaction as jived (cleared) directly from the main accounts summary page. In addition to this, you can also set your view options to view only cleared/uncleared transactions for all accounts or specific accounts. This will make finding uncleared transactions much easier.
- Credit Card Transactions - The credit card system has been updated to make it easier to select the transactions you're paying off and see how much your balance is. Also, once you "pay off" a credit card for a month, the old transactions you just paid do not disappear... they remain in your transaction list so you can still see them for historical reasons.
- Exporting of Transactions - You can now export to QIF format. Why is this such a nice feature? Well, that means you can export all your transactions and then re-import them directly into ClearCheckbook without having to manually enter them all. Exporting in this format also retains split transactions.
- Reports - The reports tool has also been overhauled to give you a much better picture of your spending / saving. We have new graphs that you can view, which tell you much more information than the previous reports.
- CheckBot 2.0 - CheckBot has also been completely re-written from the ground up. In addition to being much more stable, CheckBot can now accept messages from SMS/Text Message, AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo! and Google Talk messaging systems.
- Site Help - The help section of the site has also been updated to make finding answers to your questions much easier.
- No Confirmation Email Needed - Instead of requiring a confirmation link be clicked in an email, we simply require that you click a link on the page after registering (although we'll still send you the email with the confirmation link)
- Advanced Transaction Editing Features - In keeping with our new theme of reducing the amount of unnecessary pages to visit to perform simple tasks, the transaction editing form appears directly below a transaction in the transaction list itself.
- Importing The importing section got a major facelift. You can now import transactions that you had previously exported from ClearCheckbook! In addition to that, you can also import QIF files that contain valid splits.
- Auto-Completion for descriptions - When adding new transactions, we will offer suggestions of previous transactions that match what you're typing.
- International Settings - We have completely updated the way currency and date formatting are handled. You can now select from many different date and currency formatting options and set your site defaults.
In addition to all of these new features and updates, we still offer the same great experience we always have. The site is still completely free to use and we never ask for any account information and never send you any junk mail or give out any of your personal information.
There are a few features which unfortunately weren't able to be updated in time, such as the new Budgeting system, but that should be available to use some time over the next few weeks.
Like the new features? Then help us spread the word about it! Submit the site to Digg and other social sites, blog about us, tell your friends, etc. This new version just goes to show that as the site gets bigger it also gets better.
What's next for ClearCheckbook? Well, that's a very good question. We already have several new ideas in the pipe line that should be appearing over the next few months. These new updates also promise to make the site even better.
Thanks for all your support. Please feel free to let us know what you think of the site by sending us a contact message or by posting it in the blog.