We just released our first big update of 2021 which includes over 20 new features, tweaks and bug fixes. The biggest new feature is the ability to connect to your bank and have your transactions automatically synced to ClearCheckbook!Connecting with Financial Institutions
You read that correctly! We're extremely happy to announce that ClearCheckbook can now connect with over 10,000 different financial institutions so you can have your transactions automatically downloaded each day. This feature is available to all ClearCheckbook Premium
members and allows you to connect accounts at up to 5 different financial institutions.
You can see if your bank is supported by using the
form on our Syncing with Financial Institutions
knowledge base page. More information about how to set up ClearCheckbook to sync with your bank can be found on our Connecting to your Bank
knowledge base article.
Updates / Site Tweaks:
- Updated the Account Settings list to make account information easier to see at a glance
- When adding transactions, we added an alert if it seems like you might be entering an incorrect date (for example, maybe you forgot to change the year)
- We added a Knowledge Base article for Site Navigation
- Updated precision of currency conversions to 9 digits
- If you set up custom transaction form ordering, the input focus will be on the first field that takes keyboard input (rather than always defaulting to the Amount field)
- We added links in the Register Options to view only Current and Future transactions
- You can now delete payments in the Money Lending Tracker in case you mistakenly added one
- Updated how file attachment URLs are generated to improve privacy and security
- The name of a bill might be displayed incorrectly under some circumstances
- Currency conversions weren't being set up correctly when creating a new account with a currency different than the global default
- Investment Portfolio gadget was showing an incorrect Last Price under some circumstances
- Inactive categories were showing up as
n/a in the Budgets list. Now they are hidden from the list.
- Made sure currency conversions couldn't be set to 0
- Fixed how split children amounts were displayed in CSV export to allow for better import
- Archived account names weren't showing up in exported files
- Sum of splits wasn't being calculated correctly when editing a recurring transaction
- Orphaned categories were causing problems in Profit and Loss report
- Fixed a bug that would cause an error in the Duplicate Transaction check if an account didn't exist
We already have several other updates that are currently in our queue or are already under development. If you have any other suggestions for new features or any other improvements we could make to ClearCheckbook, please let us know!